Our named Chair of Trustees is Victoria Pimblett and she can be contacted via the School Office. We have a Co-Chair arrangement with Victoria Pimblett overseeing the education side of school and Helen Watson overseeing the business side of the school.
The Governing Board meets together about four times a year. There are six regular committees. Membership of each committee is agreed at the annual September Preparatory meeting.
During the Preparatory meeting in early September, the Chair and Vice-Chair of Trustees are elected.
Members have a similar role to shareholders of a company limited by shares. They may amend the Articles of Association (within the boundaries of Charity law and Stramongate's Funding Agreement with the ESFA), may appoint new Members, may appoint or remove Governors/Trustees in certain circumstances, and have the power to change the company's name or wind it up. Members appoint the Trust's auditors and receive the audited annual accounts. Also, by special resolution, Members may direct Trustees/Governors to take a specific action.
- Planning Committee - Chaired by Clive Nattrass, Vice Chair Helen Watson
- Monitoring Committee - Chaired by David Avis, Vice Chair Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx
- Health and Safety Committee - Chaired by Stephen Lester, Vice Chair Robert Timms
- Pay and Performance Management Committee - composed of Chairs of Planning committee and Monitoring committee, Chair of Governors.
- Headteacher's Performance Management Committee - composed of Chairs of Planning committee and Monitoring committee, Chair of Governors.
- Finance, Audit and Risk Committee - Chaired by Clive Nattrass
- Chief Financial Officer - Debbie Irving
Safeguarding Trustee - Vicky Pimblett
GDPR - David Avis
SEND/Closing the gap - Jenny Mason
(Also, if required, the following committees can be convened; Dismissals, Appeals, Complaints)
The term of office for all appointed Trustees is four years. As well as our Trustees we have 2 appointed Staff Governors.
Academy trusts are set up as charitable companies and so must have members. Members have a have a similar role to shareholders of a company limited by shares.
They hold the trust board to account for the effective governance of the trust but have minimal involvement in running the trust.
Our current Members are Jean Radley, Michael Donnelly and Gary Tully.
Number of employees whose total benefits exceeded £100k for the previous year ending 31 August = 0 employees.